BabyFruit Ticker

Friday, February 18, 2011

39 weeks!!!

Greetings Family & Friends!

1 week until my due date! Hopefully baby teRelly won't make us wait too long before we can see that face!

Since we last talked, I have been going to my weekly doctor's appointments and had an ultra sound to check size. The baby is 6 pounds plus or minus a pound and the head is down towards my left leg. My doctor said everything looks good, however the little one did not want us to see the face! Great, stubborn already!!!

At my doctor's appointment yesterday, my belly is measuring at 39 cm (which is equal to the week) and the heartbeat was very strong. Sometimes when we are listening to the heartbeat, the baby likes to kick Dr. Dicoby. Also, next Tuesday, I will be going for another ultra sound for sizing and a non-stress test. Dr. Dicoby likes mommies to start going for non-stress tests at 40 weeks, just to get more info about the baby. AND she will not let me go past 42 weeks. So that is all good!

Baby stats from thebump.com:

Baby's now the size of a watermelon!

Baby's brain is still developing rapidly, and his skin has taken on a paler shade thanks to a thicker layer of fat around the blood vessels. (Don't worry; he'll change color again soon after birth.) He's now able to flex his limbs, and his nails might extend past his fingertips.

I have been feeling really good still! And I think we're as ready as we can be for baby's arrival! Mine and baby's bags are packed and ready to go! So now we wait....

Lots of love to you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment