BabyFruit Ticker

Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Welcome weeks 10 & 11!

So, I am a little behind, my apologies! It has been pretty busy here. Everyone is trying to get in their last college visit before school starts, plus all the other fun things that come with August!

At week 10, our baby was the size of a prune or 4 paperclips!!! A prune is not the most exciting or cutest fruit, but paperclips are an interesting concept.
Week 10 was an exciting week for the baby however:

Baby stats:

From thebump.com:
With bones and cartilage starting to form and vital organs beginning to function, baby is making major progress. Body length will almost double in the next three weeks, and arm joints are now working. (Soon, legs will start working too.)

From about.com: pregnancy & childbirth:
The baby now enters its fetal period. The average size is approximately 27-35 mm crown to rump length (CRL), or 1.06-1.38 inches. S/he weighs in at 4 grams, or 4 paper clips. Tiny toes have formed. The eyes are largely open, but the eyelids are beginning to fuse, and will stay that way until 25-27 weeks. External genitalia is beginning to differentiate. External ears are formed, as is the upper lip. The biggest accomplishment this week is the disappearance of the tail!

So 4 paperclips!!! That's pretty exciting, however I have been asked the normal sized paperclips or the large ones-I'm not sure. I guess the normal size ones.

So, we got our first present from Auntie Booge (my friend Kelly) when she came back from her vacation in Minnesota. She has decided that we're having a girl.















Week 11 is a much more exciting object for sure, this week the baby is the size of a lime! And for anyone who has watched the movie "Juno", my baby is developing fingernails!

Baby Stats:

From thebump.com:
Your fetus currently enjoys a 1:1 ratio between body and head, and has skin so transparent that blood vessels show right through it. But fingers and toes are no longer webbed, and hair follicles, tooth buds, and nail beds are forming -- setting up a significantly more attractive future.

For those of you that are anxiously waiting for me to start preparing for baby, I got a bassinet this weekend! My mom and I were on our way to pick
up peaches and there was a rummage sale that we drove past. (For those of you that know my mom well, knows she's not into rummage sales), but we saw, from the road, a bassinet and decided to stop on our way back from picking up the peaches. Needless to say, I was glad I had Uncle Tim's truck because that came home with us too!Yes, you may look at this and say, "umm, Heather, it's pink, what if it's a boy?", well I am a step ahead of you! Before purchasing this, I checked it over and all of the pink stuff can be removed and replaced with blue if it is a boy!

I will have to say that the last few days I have been feeling some sort of weird feeling in my stomach, sort of like a pinching but not really like a pinching, it's hard to describe.

This Thursday, I will be going to my next Doctor's Appointment, so I should have even more to report.

Have a great week everybody!

2 comments:

  1. Prunes will become a very welcome snack...you may want to start thinking of them as cute ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh and i know the stomach feeling you are talking about!!! That little baby is making him/herself some room!

    ReplyDelete